Re: [MV] Re M151 it continues, LOL

From: Glenn McCalley (glenn@combatcatering.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 03:46:08 PDT

> What kind of logic is this?
>
> Dave

Ah, but you see, that's just it.

It's a --government-- decision, and as such is most likely either:
1 - not rooted in logic but rooted in politics, and/or
2 - the "logic" is based on factors of which we are unaware. I do -not-
mean anything about the vehicle I mean political factors. Like Senator
Stumblebum needs a "public safety" issue to enhance his reelection chances
and some lobbyist (for whatever reason, makes no difference) says "Have I
got a safety issue for you" and voila! M151's get crushed. The money
wasted is not the issue, it's the good Senator's sacred duty to protect the
public.

Rent the movie "Wag the Dog". It's a documentary on governmental
operations. Or it could be. :-) Some years ago, 80's I believe, there
was also a great piece on state politics titled "The Best Little Statehouse
in Texas" which was a wonderful look at the whys and wherefors of government
decisions.

Glenn.