Re: [MV] Buyers Beware

From: myrddin7@juno.com
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 07:08:19 PDT

when you remove the cooling section and replace it with new it it is
called recoring a radiator. all you have left is the top and bottom or
side tanks depending on the radiator model.as a brass or copper radiator
ages i have found that the metal becomes brittle and develops minute
flaws that make repair by soldering almost impossible.i have also seen
brand new ( or sold as such) radiators so poorly made that i had the
entire top seam of one exlpode during a short trip to town in my 78 ford
van.the warantee stated lifetime for parts and assembly flaws,bur the
auto parts store still gave me trouble about a return.so far autozone and
advance seem the most hassle free for bad parts. mike power