Re: [MV] Ideas for stop-over in Paris

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 12:53:00 PDT

Paris to Normandy is about 4 hours to the beaches - depending on how you
drive

Just get down to Arromanches and start from there - excellent museum and
the 360degree cinema is something else - from their go east to the new Juno
Beach Museum then head west toPort En Bessin - a good museum of relics
including tanks and boats salvaged from the sea - then onto Omaha - there is
an archive museum as well as the musuem on the approach to the beach. No
visit would be complete without a visit the American cemetary above Omaha or
the British one at Bayeux - also do Point du hoc
The above will fill 2 days dawn to dusk - Utah beach and the US dropzones
are a bit further west - you would be pushed to fit them in as well in two
days.

Hope this helps, Nige
Normandy