WWII MB jeep needs a good home

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 12:58:29 PDT

Hi guys,

I've got a WWII era MB, no frame tag, data plates or title, so Date of
Delivery will always be a bit of a mystery, but the previous owner said
1942. Anyway, I'm moving, (actually almost moved at this point) and the
buyer I had lined up has just told me they won't be able to make the
purchase. So I'm hoping someone out there in MV land can give this machine
a good home.

I don't have my digital camera with me, so it might be best to call me so I
can give more details, but in short...
Overall solid and reasonably straight tub.
L head motor that "ran when parked" in the early 1990s.
F marked drivers seat (no other seats)
Most gages (removed from jeep, but included in a separate box)
Head lights (same treatment as gages)
Jerry Can holder
One combat rim (I'll throw in four or five non-combat, but early jeep 16"
rims too)
Top bows
Outer and inner windshield frame
Tow bar

I've posted the only photo I've got of it at:
http://www.surplustrucks.com/Assets/InGarage.jpg

The jeep has some interesting history, but let me cover that on the phone
with interested parties.
Asking $1700 for it, but I'm open to offers...

Thanks,

Chris Davis
Lake Elsinore, CA (but only for a few more days, then Centerville, UT)
Cell: 714 715 6981