Re: [MV] 5 ton winch cable

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 09:42:13 PDT

It's a 5/8 inch cable and 200 feet long on the 5 tons except for the
wreckers which must have a larger front winch as they take 280 feet
according to my manual.

Take if from me, if you have to buy some and install it, try to get it on a
spool so you can install it easily.

Also, Asian cable is a lot cheaper than US made cable. I ended up going
with some used cable that was in good shape. It was a real bitch to get it
home though as it was a tangled mess. Imagine trying to put 200 feet of
5/8th cable that is a birdsnest into a 2000 Ford Taurus trunk. It can be
done!

Dave

--
Dave