Off topic but possibly useful info:

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 10:35:09 PDT

My computer guy just downloaded a FREE Google program for me that blocks ALL
pop-ups. The downside (if there is one) is that Google has a very small
banner, with their search window, at the top of my screen. To me, this is a
small price to pay for no popups, and since I use Google quite alot, it
doesn't bother me. I was getting over 100 popups per day before this was
installed. It takes a few days for it to completely stop all of them.

Pardon me if this is old news to some of you folks. apb