Re: [MV] How to live in a "neighborhood" ...

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 03:42:26 PDT

In a message dated 9/14/03 12:38:04 AM, jfor@quik.com writes:

<< The lawyer need not be good. Politically well connected often suffices. >>

    That was another thing I did after the fact. I was dealing with a small
town mentality. I sat down and had a chat with the best connected lawyer in
town so that if I had trouble in the future I'd have a guy who could hit the
ground running and also put my good intentions out there in the town gossip. He
pretty much agreed with my tactics, gave me some good advice and in an
un-lawyerly fashion didn't bill me. OK, so we don't have to kill ALL the lawyers. Like
I told Jumpmaster, he needs to get tags for the car no matter what the towny
says, then he can show in court he tried to comply with his personal
interpretation of the letter of the law.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com