Re: [MV] Get a 'real diesel' dor your M35...

From: patrick jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 20:30:34 PDT

I was at the Waukesha-Pearce / Kohler customer counter getting a
bearing for a 3.5KW genset, and I heard a huge deafening roaring crash
what sounded like a forklift being driven through a series of brick
walls.

It was an 8-cylinder one of these gas-compressor engines being started
after a rebuild out in the shop. The parts guy let me go back and
watch. I did do with my fingers in my ears, as the mechanic stood on a
small ladder and used a long screwdriver as a stethescope to listen to
the noises of the monstrous engine's valvetrain. How he was not deaf I
will never know.