Re: [MV] Deuce Axle ?

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 22:23:44 PDT

Couple of things come to mind - you have probably checked - but could it
have gotten overfilled?? Or could it have water in it?? either of these
could cause oil to be forced out vents.

Has rear end had oil changed??? there has been some recent traffic on list
about proper gear oil to use.....

I agree with your wife about smell - Some time ago I had to change rear end
that a bearing had gone down inside chunk and had gotten very hot - took
days and repeated hand washings for smell to leave my hands.

Everette