Re: Re: [MV] anybody know this man?

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 08:59:24 PDT

I don't doubt you, but the Secret Service is a
sub-section of the US Treasury as is the IRS. It's
main duty is to prevent the illegal production, or
counterfeiting, of money and protection of the
president. They do not investigate international mail
fraud, so somebody goofed up.

Congress enacted the Mail Fraud Statute to combat a
post-Civil War outbreak of swindles using the mails
and later established the title of Chief Postal
Inspector and renamed Special Agents "Inspectors."
They still handle mail fraud just like the one we are
talking about and would be happy to take your
complaint.

Even better, the Internet Fraud Complaint Center
(IFCC) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar
Crime Center (NW3C).

IFCC's mission is to address fraud committed over the
Internet. For victims of Internet fraud, IFCC provides
a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that
alerts authorities of a suspected criminal or civil
violation.

For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at all
levels, IFCC offers a central repository for
complaints related to Internet fraud, works to
quantify fraud patterns, and provides timely
statistical data of current fraud trends. For more
details or to report a crime try this:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Next and most importantly... If you have a bank
deposit number, an e-mail that is traceable,
fingerprints of the suspect/s with the fraudulent
check in hand and it is submitted in a timely manner,
you have about a 70% or better chance of catching the
suspect/s and getting a prosecution for a felony.

That's worth a little extra effort isn't it?

No respectable federal law enforcement officer would
shirk his/her duties and kiss off something that good
without being at risk for deriliction of duty.

Jack