RE: [MV] anybody know this man?

From: Bill Taylor (usms@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 18:41:01 PDT

The Secret Service is not a sub section of the IRS. The IRS is a
completely different division and it is under the Treasury Department.
The Secret Service served under the Treasure Department as a separate
department until:

The Department of Homeland Security is established with the passage of
(Public Law 107-296) which in part, transfers the United States Secret
Service from the Department of the Treasury, to the new department
effective March 1, 2003.

As part of their mission:

The United States Secret Service is mandated by statute and executive
order to carry out two significant missions: protection and criminal
investigations. The Secret Service protects the President and Vice
President, their families, heads of state, and other designated
individuals; investigates threats against these protectees; protects the
White House, Vice President's Residence, Foreign Missions, and other
buildings within Washington, D.C.; and plans and implements security
designs for designated National Special Security Events. The Secret
Service also investigates violations of laws relating to counterfeiting
of obligations and securities of the United States; financial crimes
that include, but are not limited to, access device fraud, financial
institution fraud, identity theft, computer fraud; and computer-based
attacks on our nation's financial, banking, and telecommunications
infrastructure.

Bill