Re: [MV] M211 Gear oil leaks

From: santoken@bright.net
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 17:22:51 PDT

Yes, you are correct. You need to take those two big nuts off. First the outer nut, then the nut retainer and then the innner nut. Then, you'll pull outer bearing seal then the outer bearing and then the hub.

Memphis has the inner wheel seal...it's $18 or $19.

I'm not in front of my notes, I've got the part number of the seal...plus other tech info like the big nut's pre-load torque and such. If you need it, let me know.

Kent

PS: Don't forget the little cork seal that goes in the keyway of the spindle upon re-assembly.