... speaking of tires....

From: Sean Nichols (Sean.Nichols@xilinx.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 10:09:44 PDT

Greetings all,

Last night I walked outside and noticed my M35 was "listing to
starboard" a bit. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the
right front tire was flat. Since this is my first MV flat, I thought I
would run it past the experts here and get some feedback.

Do I take the tire to a truck tire shop that is willing to deal with the
lock ring type rim and have them patch or replace the tube? What should
I anticipate for the cost of repair?

Is just putting a LOT of tire sealant into the tire as an alternative
fix a bad idea? I'm not a big fan of tire sealant, and as a rule don't
use it, but I fear the charges for this tire repair.

BTW, I live in the South San Francisco Bay Area, if you know a good tire
shop.

Thanks much!

Sean Nichols

'42 IHC FFN-3 Crash Truck