Re: [MV] .45 Cal. pistols/Gas Tank space

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 16:34:17 PDT

Aaron,

Having driven my assigned M38A1 for years in the military, we cut a
triangular piece of wood the correct length, trimmed it to the correct
shape & just dropped it into the space. To eliminated items dropping in
the area, kept dirt, mud & leaves out & still allowed it to breathe.

I decided to sell the spare engine for my M38A1. I am considering buying a
rebuilt engine & having the comfort of knowing it will not die at the wrong
time.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer