REPAIRING FUEL TANKS -- OFF VEHICLE

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 13:57:29 PDT

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE == HOWEVER I HAVE REPAIRED GASOLINE TANKS
BY TAKING PIECE OF FLEX EXHAUST PIPE , SLIP ONE END OVER EXHAUST OF
OPERATING VEHICLE AND STICK OTHER END IN GASOLINE TANK, THAT HAS BEEN
REMOVED FROM VEHICLE YOU ARE WORKING ON AND DRAINED. . RUN ENGINE ON THE
DIFFERENT VEHICLE UNTIL TANK FEELS WARM TO TOUCH, THEN ----AND ONLY THEN --
DRILL; CUT, WELD, SOLDER, UP TANK. WHILE ENGINE CONTINUES TO PUMP EXHAUST
INTO TANK YOU ARE WORKING ON.

The idea of putting drain into tank is a very good idea - just be sure is
located so that it would be difficult to accidentally knock it off -- sort
of like drain on fuel tank of M37.

Everette

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of
the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'.