Intersting picture and more...

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 01:28:17 PDT

With the driving skills of the Isreeili defence forces picture, I am
reminded that it is in fact the 40th anniversary this week of the 6th day
war. Several years ago I was displaying my Stuart M3A3 in Canterbury to help
the Poppy day appeal for Rememberance Day when a man who stopped by to
donate told me he was a Sherman driver during the Yom Kippur war and he felt
it was a very close run thing, of course one of the major conflicts post
war that still relied heavily on 1940's armour.
Just after that, a very glamourous blonde who looked remarkably like a mix
of Ivana Trump and Joanna Lumley in a long fur coat was having her picture
taken in front of the tank. She told me her father was commander of the lead
Soviet tank that broke into the the berlin perimeter in 1945. Sadly she
lived in the USA and was just "doing England"....

Nige

Nige