Re: [MV] Gun Trucks

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 10:34:52 PDT

> The unfortunate thing is that not much can be done against such remote
> bomb attacks since the explosive power, if propperly shaped, placed, and
> timed, would be in excess of any practical defensive armor arrangement.
> Since it would be practically impossible to protect the gas tanks and
> batteries from such an attack, no sense waisting weight on armor for
> them. Better to put that weight towards shielding the crew area.

I always wanted to try this agains such attacks.
If you take armor plates and construct a vehicle that is shaped like a low
pyramid, with a wide base. Seems like anything that will hit it, no matter from
what angle at ground level, (other than straight up like a mine) will get
deflected, including RPG's and "force of a blast". Such armor will not need to
be as thick. The lower parts (neer the bottom) can be made to slide up and
down, and one can lower it to adapt to road driving or raise it for rougher
terain.

Think about this too. The bomb squad technician could move around in a
arrowhead shaped enclosure made of thick fiberglass, with robotic arms extending
out to do the dirty work, and good all around air bags inside. The tip of the
"arrow" will alway have to point to the bomb, and in the case it went off, the
impact will be sort of "split" in the middle and get deflected. If it was to
tip over or blown across the street from a REAL BIG charge, the air bags will
provide protection, or the team that came up with the best way to guard the "egg
in the box" when dropped from the third floor could be contracted :-)

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce
919-852-2121