Re: [MV] Gun Trucks

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 21:42:04 PDT

>I thought that was the entire point of Gun Trucks. [to kill the bad guys]?

Yes, but who is there to kill when the bomb is triggered or remotely
detonated? Nobody. So Gun Trucks do no good vs. the kind of attacks
that have been claiming lives each week.

>A ' few ' people with automatic or small rockets would attack convoys.
>Gun Trucks generally killed them.

In the case of the supply convoy mentioned, they were not attacked by "a
few" people. In that particular circumstance, I don't think 2 or 3 gun
trucks would have made much of a difference in terms of friendly
casualties. Enemy casualties would likely been higher and perhaps in a
different circumstance been enough to overwhelm the enemy, but in that
circumstance I don't think there was anything that convoy could have done
to save itself except not taken a wrong turn in the first place.

Ambushes are not feared and loathed because they are easy to defeat
without sustaining casualties...

Steve