M422/M422A1 Mighty Mite Q's

From: Rhodes Doug (D.Rhodes@flarion.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 07:11:06 PDT

All,

I've been looking to buy a Willys MB or Ford GPW but then re-read an older issue of Military Vehicles magazine which had the M422/M422A1 Mighty Mite in it and was quite impressed.

The M422s seem to cost quite a bit less. They have aluminum bodies and engines (no rust!). Is the frame aluminum or steel?

However, I don't see too many dealers advertising parts for them. Are parts hard to come by for the M422?

Engines, transfer cases, and transmissions easy to rebuild?

Are common parts (spark plugs, coils, rotors, ignition wires, bulbs, distributors, filters, brake shoes, brake drums, clutches) interchangeable with other models?

Easy to work on?

Which is more desirable: M422 or M422A1?

Any owners of M422/M422A1 out there? Comments?

TIA,

--Doug

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please
contact the sender and delete all copies.