Deuce Running Gear in a 715

From: Pete Trasborg (over2land@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:10:21 PDT

Hey all, this is my first email on the list...
I've been lurking for a while, and now have a couple
questions.

I've had my 715 for about 3 years now, but because of
financial issues, haven't been able to put it on the
road. It's got no engine, but other than that the
drivetrain is there. It's pretty rusted out, not a
with winch truck, and generally not a great specimen.

So, what I intend to do is put a Small Chevy 350 in
it, mated to a Deuce Trans (3053A). That part I've
got down, no worries... However, what tcase was used
in the Deuces? The NP 200 that's in the 715 is known
for overheating on highway journeys, and since I want
to make this truck a bit more practical for me, I want
to be able to drive on the highway with it. Hence,
the OD of the M-35 trans.

Anyway, I've been looking around for a divorced
NP-205, and recently started wondering what the Deuces
used for their T cases... maybe I can used one of
these too.

Thanks In Advance

-Pete