M715 front axle detroit install

From: Loshbaugh, Alan J. (LoshbaughA@missouri.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:57:53 PDT

I got the rear installed: super easy as it drops into the rear dana 70's existing carrier...I have questions about the front detroit replacement carrier...Is it really as easy as pulling the old carrier, moving bearings, shims and ring gear to the new detroit? I had several friends that did that, and that had no issues later...I see no need to go thru setup procedures again not changing ratios...Please mail me direct along with the list if you can help, as I very seldom have time to get thru the digest mode materials! Thanks, Alan