Re: [MV] E-Bay and "Prohibited Items"

From: Maurizio Beretta (pierino@fastwebnet.it)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 22:31:55 PDT

...you just have to set your browser to "english/american" language,
instead of german, french italian...and you'll see items without
restrictions ...;-)))

ciao
maurizio

p.s. that's depend on which "category" the item has been listed..

At 23.20 06/10/2003, Muttguru@aol.com wrote:
>Dear Listers,
>
>you may be interested to know that dataplates are the latest danger to German
>democracy.
>
>A week or so ago, I saw a pair of mutt dataplates for sale on E-Bay. I
>forwarded the item reference number of the pages to my friend in Germany.
>He, like
>me, collects dataplate information for his research.
>
>Imagine my amazement when he sent me the following reply:-
>
>"Hello Ken,
>can you send me the information from the two data plates?. Ebay donīt let me
>visit this items. Look at the text below.
>
> > Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked
>due
>to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with
>concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these
>steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed.
>Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items
>that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive
>alternatives.
>Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we
>hope you may find other items of interest on eBay. >>
>

>A slight touch of "decalcomania", methinks....
>ken
>
>Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list

  Maurizio BERETTA
  mailto:pierino@fastwebnet.it

  Chiasso, 11
  20155 Milano MI Italy