Re: [MV] R-R ignition switch?

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 07:09:05 PDT

I overheard a GM mechanic the other day describing how to take the
tumbler mechanism out of a 95 chevy Monte Carlo. He said that you take
the wheel off, the turn signal stuff and whatever else is in the road
(mind is a little foggy) and there is a clip that you remove and the
tumbler will come right out. I imagine that all column mounted locks are
somewhat similar. I do know from experience that the older wagoneers had
a tendency to get loose at the tilt mechanism...make sure that when
you're in there that you check it...two or four screws. I think that
switch longevity is determined by how many keys that you got swinging
back and forth on your key ring. Fred Martin