Re: [MV] fuel stabilizer? gasoline.

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 10:17:11 PDT

FWIW, I have used 100LL avgas for several years in MUTTs, gensets, ATV's dirt bikes, and a list of
small engines with no ill effects. Avgas has preservatives that make it good for 2 years, and the
higher octane makes cold weather starting much easier. It's a little pricey at .35 to .50 a gal
more than auto gas but I don't use it that much and it's cheap insurance. I get the avgas at our
local general aviation airport where they have a fuel island. It works just like a self serve gas
station, swipe your CC and start pumping. When you fill your container make sure that your
container is on the ground, but more importantly the nozzle is in contact with the container.
There is a company at the airport that repairs aircraft and sometimes they give me a few gals. of
avgas that has been removed from aircraft for repairs.

Buzz