Re: [MV] [MVlist] DRMS article on Cnn

From: Kris Kirby (kris@catonic.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 11:52:15 PDT

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Joe Foley wrote:
> Tell me again,... just who it is that the terrorists
> are?
>
> Which ones are they?

Isn't it amazing what changes when you exchange "Boogyman" for
"terrorist"?

Yes, it annoys me to no end. I'm a terrorist because I own an authentic
former police vehicle that looks darn close to an active duty vehicle. I'm
a terrorrist because I subscribe to a certain magazine. I'm a terrorist
for wanting to buy an old Army truck. I'm a terrorrist because I read a
little black book in grade school called the Jolly Roger Cookbook.

Does anyone honestly think that we would willingly allow anyone to hijack
a plane with a box cutter? Think, people. I'm willing to bet that those
passengers thought they were on final approach before it hit. Isn't it
funny how *no* *one* survived the crashes and we still haven't heard about
the black boxes? Why our government is *so* concerned about bailing out
the airlines? Our "inability" to catch Osama bin Laden, whom we funded
in the 80s when Bush was in office or Director of the CIA to a president
with Alzhiemers? We supported Saddam as well, now we rape and pillage his
country for oil. Wag the Dog.

It's just rediculous. It's a faceless reaction to a stimulus. Oh, you can
make bombs out of this, and that, and the other. I work with an amateur
rocket scientist who can't make his own propellant because "it can be used
to make a bomb". The ATF is riding his butt over this special mix of
chemicals that isn't useful or suitable to explosive use or is even
explosive, but remains happily ignorant of motors made out of a
sugar-based system that can readily explode because ... the mix is
explosive.

It's the same mentality as gun control and crime prevention. If you have
criminals locked away, who's commiting crimes? If only police and the
military legally have guns, then that means you're a criminal for having
one. There's a reason they call them outlaws. Criminals operate with no
concern for written law.

Freedom fries, indeed. Our very country was founded on the principles of
terrorism, guerilla warfare, and sedition. Oh, and unprecidented freedom.
Freedom to work and lives as you choose, and freedom from England's
hideous taxes. Last time we revolted, we weren't even paying half of what
we are now. We have unnecesary laws on the books and Constitutional
amendments that were passed but not recorded. We have thousands of
government agencies that possess powers to rip up a man's life,
livelihood, and family and a mere scrap of circumstancial evidence. To
sieze and sell every asset that person had to satify it's need for greed
with *zero* chance of that person getting a chance to get thier belongings
back in a lawful manner.

"You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us
and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals."

Welcome to 1984. It's a little late. Don't turn off the TV. Not that you
could.

My apologies to the mil-veh list.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris@nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'