Re: [MV] Robot MV ?

From: Vadim Kogan (vadim@XCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 01:27:50 PDT

There are a number of well-sponsored teams entering the race. UC Berkeley
team is rather poor, but has a plan too. They want to use a motorcycle. Yes,
a motorcycle with 2 wheels going cross-country. There are a few good ideas
there and a reasonable start. I did not join the project, since I'm not
particularly interested in fame/publications and I can't use much of that
technology on my HMMWV. Note that the race is not won by means of being the
first, but rather by means of being first under 10 hours, thus so far nobody
has won and everybody has to keep on trying next year. Berkeley team
basically wants to go for a few miles at first (to get some attention and,
hopefully, funding) and then come back next year with a much improved
vehicle.

Vadim.