Re: [MV] M38A1

From: rertman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 09:36:58 PDT

Usually the wheel lugs on the right side (starboard side) will be left hand
threaded if the vehicle originally had them. The theory was that the left
hand thread wheel lug nuts would tend to tighten themselves as the vehicle
was driven. This later proved to be a false assumption. It also made for
a maintenance headache because of having to stock both kinds of lug nuts.
I don't recall when it happened, but the military finally went to all right
hand threads on the lug nuts, which made life a lot easier for maintenance
and supply personnel.

You can easily obtain right hand threaded wheel lugs at most auto parts
stores.

Dick