5 ton question for List members (no politics, just pure MV stuff)

From: The Elrod's (ElrodML@pghmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 10:57:08 PDT

I would like to know the differences in the M5X Series of 5 tons and the
M8XX Series of 5 tons? (Such as M54A2 and M813A2)

I have asked people that are around me and no one has yet been able to say
for sure. I know that some of ya'll will know exactly what is different.
(Not interested in the difference in the M9XX series) Just the basic
differences, not wreckers, long wheel bases, tractors, those are obvious. I
have seen M5X and M8XX by the same manufacturer in duplicate years.

 Need some education here guys (and gals).

 Many thanks
Mark

The Elrod's
ElrodML@PGHMail.com