Re: [MV] M109 stepladder

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 16:15:32 PDT

D O wrote:
> Anyone know how the original boarding stepladder for a shop van fastens
> to the truck when in use? Or does it just lean up against the truck? I
> am looking to do a camper conversion and need to find or build a ladder.

The original boarding ladder has two hooks, on at the top edge of each side
rail, formed by bending flat metal strap about 3/4" wide. The two hooks attach
to a pair of rectangular loops on the back of the truck, underneath the larger
door on the right side. The loops are bent out of steel straps and screwed to
the truck body.

The newer (or at least different) aluminum boarding ladders which taper at the
bottom, rather than being made of two straight rectangular steel rails, have
hooks made from bent round stock. They don't hook onto the M109 shop vans very
securely, but since they're bolted onto the ladder, they may be replaced with
home-made hooks made out of flat stock. These aluminum ladders seem to be
easier to find, in my experience, than the old steel ladders that are correct
for the truck. They also don't fit in the storage brackets on the back of the
truck.

If you're still unclear on this next weekend, I could take some pictures of
both kinds of ladders.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/