Re: [MV] M35 steering question

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 17:27:02 PDT

Assuming that you have checked for worn tie-rod ends, and worn drag-link
ends, you may have a simple mechanical problem in the steering gearbox.
There are instructions in various military manuals that will help. We often
need to set up a truck properly before we install a power steering kit.
There may be worn gears or shims. I can fax you a 4-page bulletin that
describes, in general terms, how to detect, diagnose, and adjust a steering
box. Email me with fax # or give me your postal address, and I will mail
out a photocopy.

Our Power Steering kit will not help such a situation, only exagerate it. It
will be easier to turn in one direction, but harder in the other. You can
take these trucks to a steering repair shop, and they can tell you what's
worn or in need of adjustment.

Arthur P. Bloom
M35Products.com