Fw: [MV] Miniguns

From: Jim Stead (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 08:44:58 PDT

     I was standing about 20 feet behind her when that hapenned. I remember
the gun barrels raising up quickly until the whole triple gun was standing
on end, firing into the sky. The 10' cloud of green and orange flame coupled
with the BRRRRrrrrrr sound of that gun coming back towards us is something
I'll probably never forget. It stopped firing before it fell over, I think
it ran out of ammo. Whatever caused it to stop, thank God. There were
hundreds of us behind the line watching......
     I don't recall any sandbags on the tripod legs, and staking the legs
down is something you only think of in retrospect. Adults had fired that gun
numerous times before and it stayed right where it belonged. The girl was
about 10, her lack of body weight and muscle against the assembly probably
had a lot to do with the loss of control.

 Jim

A triple mounted mini killed a young girl a few years ago at the
Creek.....improperly mounted on a M3 tripod.