Re: [MV] M35 Napa Bearing numbers

From: Kirk Thompson (kpt@lanl.gov)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 12:49:12 PDT

I have Timken #s at home. I will look them up and send them later. You
should be able to x-ref those w/ NAPA #s.

If I remember correctly, the front inner and rear inner is a Timken 3994
while the rear outer is a 394 or 396. Don't know what the Front outer is.

I found out the hard way if you tear apart the rear hub/axle assembly to
replace the bearings, etc., replace the races and seals as well. I had a
hard time in getting the rear outer NOS (from Memphis Equip.) seals to work
so I ended up buying brand new ones (4x the $$) from Sam Winer Motors in
OH(?). Haven't had a drop of leakage. Spend the extra $$ for new seals or
pay later when you have to do it all over again.

-K