Re: [MV] Hmmwv

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 13:07:11 PDT

Sure, but the "E" is for electronic, so you have to have a computer controlling it. Now, I'm no expert, but my understanding is that you'd probably have to go the hard way and get one from a junked GM truck and graft it in (running on 12V), or get the controller from a newer HMMWV, I guess. Then, bypass the governor somehow to get over 73??? Or is that an RPM governed speed?

Has anyone on the list done a swap like this?? Sounds pretty cool.