Re: [MV] Navy M1009 hitch wanted with a little snow

From: GOTaM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 20:18:56 PDT

If anyone is really interested, I will be going out to pick up more stuff I
don't need courtesy of GL next week and can take a picture or two of the
truck
in question. If the new owner has to wait on a EUC I am sure it will still
be there when I pick up my new acquisitions.

Also, thanks for all the offers and suggestions on the snow chains, I
decided to bid on some I had seen at Ft. Jackson and as fate would have it
no one wanted to bid more so they should be mine next week. Along with that
shelter dolly I just could not live without. What are those things good for
anyway.

AND ONE LAST THING. Once every couple of years we do get a crippling 2 to
4 inches of snow here in sunny SC. It stops everything. I can almost hear
you guys from Jersey chuckling right now. The road I live on as well as
most of the folks I know doesn't get plowed until a day or two after the
main roads. We don't have a lot of government owned snow plows down here.
In fact you see more motor graders plowing than trucks. I would like to
take my "spare" deuce and put the chains and plow in it when they forecast
snow. Some of the grocery stores will pay you a few bucks to plow there
parking lot, you know so people can get the milk, bread and flash light
batteries they should have gotten before the snow.

It does get down to the teens here occasionally.

"Stu" asked,
"How cold does it get in winter? 45-50 ?"

Joe Trapp