Re: [MV] who likes their M51A2 dump truck?

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 17:12:00 PDT

Chris,

I have been to Charleston, WV many times and I have to tell you that those
farmers driving those tandem axle grain trucks don't have CDLs. There's
one opportunity. Do what they do. The farmers in Indiana routinely drive
overloaded Semis loaded with grain. No CDLs required.

The other thing is: Does WV has special provisions for privately owned
MVs? If so you may not have to follow any weight restricted rules
whatever. If the state code is online, find it and do a search for
"Military". They have special provisions in several states. I have no
idea about WV. Learn the legal code in WV and you will know more than 98%
of the people behind the BMV counters.

FYI - a fully loaded M51 with a load of rock can go over 50K lbs. It seems
like a lot until you dump it on the ground - then somehow it doesn't go
very far. (;->)

Dave - M51 gas