Deuce turbo swap information wanted

From: Dave Reed (dave.reed@dol.net)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 17:59:40 PDT

Hi fellow MV'ers - I am looking at a late 60's Kaiser jeep M35A2
deuce with a Hercules 1A non turbo engine. I want to swap
manifolds with a LDT465 1C to graft the whistler turbo on the truck
if I buy it. My question is do I have to change the pistons out to
keep out of trouble? Are the 1A and 1C pistons the same? I do
know that the head gaskets are different. The exhaust already
goes straight up behind the cab on the 1A engine rather than out
behind the right rear wheel. If the pistons are the same do I have
to change the head gasket anyway to keep it from blowing out?? I
do know that the 1C to 1D swap requires only the turbo to be
changed. Can anyone help?
Puzzled in Maryland,
Dave Reed