Transport Follies; very little HMV content

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 09:15:13 PDT

Good Morning, all:

I have received several quotes for the shipment of my Dodge Power Wagon from
OR to NY. They range from a low of $925 to a high of $3622.20. I
particularly like the twenty cents on that one. It's a really nice touch,
don't you think? Makes it seem like they are really trying to edge out the
competitors. By the way, that quote is from Freight-Pro, the mover-of-choice
for our friends, Govenment Liquidation.

The original company I contacted (Admiralty) refuses to sign a contract for
the work. Needless to say, I will not be using them. I asked them what
happens when my truck never shows up. What legal recourse would I (or,
indeed, they) have, with no paper trail? They had no answer to that one.

It's a good thing I'm such a patient, good-tempered fellow, with nothing
better to do than to instruct other people on how to run their companies.

apb

"Go Yanks"