M35 Clutch questions

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 10:41:53 PDT

This weekend I pulled the transmission from my M35
thinking I would replace the throwout bearing. The
transmission has problems, but I'm going to deal with
the clutch assembly on this post. I was not having
problems with the clutch but I plan to replace/rebuild
everything starting with the rear main seal. I don't
want to so this again for a while.

1. Has anyone used rebuilt clutch parts from Memphis
Equipment?

2. What are your thoughts on a "button" clutch and
the "other" kind. (I have a button clutch and I'm
happy)

3. Are there any NOS pressure plates and clutch discs
around?

4. Anyone on this list have these parts they want to
sell?

5. After taking the flywheel off, does anything need
to be indicated in to assure the transmission is on
centerline?

6. What is the torque specs for the flywheel bolts?

7. Is there a service manual that covers this
information?
I have various manuals but nothing that tells me this
stuff.

Any part numbers, advice, etc. at all will be greatly
appreciated.

Marc Strangfeld