Need M35 help

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 06:59:40 PDT

Looking for some insight guys,

 My 1970 M35A2 has a "shimmy" to the steering wheel on occasion. If while
traveling at speed I hit specific bumps or even a wash in the asphalt the
steering wheel will ocsillate. Not wildly but enough to be disconcerting.
Sometimes it will even do it on its own but I can reduce or stop it by
slowing slightly...hmmmm . I checked the tie rod ends and they seem solid.
I also stood on the side board watching the left front wheel while turning
the steering to see how much lash was in the system. It seems to be
responding immediately.

 So first is the steering box adjustable and how ?
 Second could it be because of lack of toe in ?
Any other ideas?

thanks in advance