Mystery Oil Leak / Putting the Deuce to Work

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 14:11:29 PDT

Working with my dad to make a couple of water trucks out of 2 non-turbo
M35A2's.
The trucks run great, but since they're going to be put on a jobsite, we'll
be shopping around over the coming weeks for rubber parts and such (hoses,
belts, seals, etc).
We're going to try to go through these trucks before having water tanks and
PTO-driven water pumps installed.

Biggest problem, however, is stopping the clutches from slipping, and the
rear main seal isn't leaking.
Oil seems to be seeping from between the clutch housing and the engine block
and getting sucked onto the surface of the flywheel through the vent holes
closest to the crankshaft. Anybody else had this issue? What is the fix?
I'm planning on pulling the engines and re-sealing the engine block to the
clutch housing.

Parts I know we need now:

2 NOS radiators for the M35A2 if they're under $300 each.
Also, who's got the best deal on NOS or takeoff 9:00 - 20 NDT's (prefer NOS
with no sidewall cracks).
Need at least 10 or 15 tires, possibly 20. Shipping it all to Louisiana.

Thanks,
- John Brian Seeling