MV shop tool...Gasoline powered steel cutting torch

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 21:30:19 PST

On "Mail Call" this evening the Gunny showed a gasoline powered cutting
torch used by military fire fighters in rescue work. Slices through 10
inches of steel like the proverbial hot knife through butter. I had trouble
catching the name (must be that northern speech impediment he has), but
after a little web searching came up with "PETROGEN"
http://www.petrogen.com/welcome.html

    US made for 30, that is THIRTY, years.
    Looks like just the trick for working on that stubborn tank plating or
fabbing the gun truck armor. And while it appears a little more expensive
initially than an oxy/acetylene rig, it IS cheaper over time (couple of
years) since your using unleaded regular with little tip wear. It is the
official torch of the webmaster of the GMMVC....he's used it to cut up every
turd, errr truck, he's ever purchased.

    However, the first hit on ' gasoline powered cutting torch' was for
http://www.opetrol.com/farmshow.

http://www.opetrol.com/ .

This web site claims " Prof. Liang first invented the torch over 10 years
ago and has spent nearly a decade to develop the invention into a mature
product of industrial standard. " Typical Chinese 'can do' attitude, as in
'I can do it too'..... equipment looks like a 'carbon' (no pun intended)
copy of the Petrogen rig. BTW...they are looking for someone to become their
US distributor.

    Time for Petrogen to send out a hit team....

    And I won't mention the Avenger system shown punching Stingers off at
drones at $38k a pop ....."Man Portable Whoop Ass" , I believe the Gunny
called them......