Found Information

From: Gary Pavone (gpavone@charter.net)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 10:51:55 PST

I have finally started to prep my '52 M38 for painting. While sanding (and
watching closely for hidden treasures) I found the following on the front
bumper: 82-3-7 SFGA (A star in the middle) ?B 125. The 82 at the
beginning might be an 83. It's hard to tell because the bottom of the number
is gone. The question mark represents a letter or number that is no longer
completely visible. Only the right edge can be seen and it is a straight
line. Could be a 1 or a 4 or the side of an N or I. After finding these
marks, I went directly to the hood and started looking for the hood numbers.
No luck. The hood must have been stripped all the way to metal at one point
or was replaced after military service.

Thanks for the help. Back to sanding....

Gary Pavone
gpavone@charter.net