Military Vehicles feature on UK TV!

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 23:26:54 PST

Last night, what should have been a fascinating section about the latest
vehicles bought by the MOD on Channel 5's Fifth Gear was totally spoilt by
the inane monosylabic presenter who just came over as a total genital
manipulator. Rare to find such items on TV aprt from the news, The Oshkosh
tractor unit with the King multi steer trailer was an awesome pice of kit,
plus the Pizgauer 6x6 in off road action was very impressive. The off road
Supacat was equally good,if you could get past the shrieks and squeels of
Johhny Dipstick..Shame , with a mature and informed presenter this would
have been far more interesting, rather than the unkempt long haired and
irritating oik on an ego trip they used to do this feature. Yet more proof
of the dumbing down of UK TV.
Nige