Re: [MV] Removal for wiper arms, M1009

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 05:22:21 PST

Easiest method is a regular old carpenters claw hammer (no sheet).
Put a rag under the hammer to keep from chewing up the paint, claw opening
lines up with arm, claw JUST engages edges of rounded arm sheet metal around
the knurled drum, NOT THE DRUM itself on the shaft, release the clip and
make like you are removing a nail.
    Boys at the body shop I used to hang out at would do both arms so fast,
it looked like one motion with two wiper arms flying through the air at the
same time.
    Slow and careful is best, speed improves as you reach your 10th vehicle
or so.
    Good Luck,
    Ron