RE: [MV] hoses for deuce

From: Douglas Rhodes (devils4ever@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 18:56:47 PST

Joe Young,

Being a NJ resident still looking to buy my first MV, I'm quite interested
in the historic plates issue. Have you heard of anyone ever getting into
trouble for going for a casual drive to get gas or charge the batteries?
I've talked to several people with QQ plates who have driven the vehicles
for exactly this purpose for years without incident. When I purchase my MV I
don't plan on using the thing for anything but pleasure. However, I WOULD
like to be able to drive the thing every couple of weeks to keep the engine
and batteries in decent condition.

OTOH, I don't mind paying extra for normal plates and insurance but I
understand I would need to go through inspection like other vehicles. Would
a Willys MB, M38A1, M37, M35A2, etc pass NJ inspection? Most don't come with
turn signals, seat belts, etc. Also, do they need to pass emission testing?

Hell, if I can register a M35A2 as a regular vehicle and keep it outside
(not garaged), I might come down a visit you for a purchase.

--Doug
MTA
MVPA