Re: [MV] 6.2l diesel fuel problem

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 10:13:50 PST

Ron,

I know Owens has the fuel pressure switch that sometimes leaks, letting the fuel drain back. I'm not so sure they have the check valve modification, though.

As for glow plugs: 60G's are recommended, since they won't burn out, even after hours of continuous power. Since CUCV's have the older, failure-prone controllers, I guess they would be an even better choice. The problem is that they don't heat as fast as the 9G's and 11G's did. The Kennedy plugs are supposed to just as good as 60G's (won't burn out), but heat up quicker, like the 9G's. They also carry a 2 year warranty. I'm not sure if they have a recommendation against CUCV applications or not, but I would ask. 11G's heat pretty quick and will last for at least 15 minutes or so if the controller fails, so they are a decent second choice. While I don't have personal experience with the Kennedy plugs, I have heard many people praise them. I will probably be buying a set for my civvy truck in the not too distant future. Last winter was kind of hard on the original 9G's.....

--Neil