Fw: 1009 info

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 08:20:17 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Combat <hellcat@provide.net>
To: mil-veh@mil-veh.org <mil-veh@mil-veh.org>
Date: Monday, November 03, 2003 11:33 PM
Subject: 1009 info

Well folks it looks like our shop truck may be biting the bullet after
210000 (she's paid her dues times two) and I am considering replacing the
vehicle with an M1009.

First the vehicle MUST get decent mileage and I am getting differing
feedback from 12mpg to 27. Whats the truth?

Second I assume the drivetrain is standard GM stuff that is easily sourced.

Third I see many for sale that have been converted to 12V that doesnt make
sense to me? Why not just use a converter or tap off one batt for 12V
accesories?

Finally what are the things to look for when examining one?

(any have a nice one?)