RE: [MV] M1009 questions

From: Stu (stuinnh@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 08:48:28 PST

I'm not sure. Was that the good points? Everything can be fixed to give
you a great truck (Blazer) in the snow & mud. Dependable, in time (after
problems are cured), and fun. Just remember, aside from abuse, the next
biggest thing that wears parts out (injection pump, rust, cooling system
etc.), is long term sitting and not moving. Most parts are civy parts.
Would I buy another one? YES, but I would pay a lot less for it up front if
not restored. A truck not gone through would only be worth $3000. If gone
through by guys like Joe Young or other dealers on this list, then it would
be worth what they are asking. Mine was not. It came from PD on Martha's
Vineyard to me. I paid $4000. I put over $3000 into it. Now it is a great
truck.

                "Stu"
 Southern New Hampshire, USA
        "Live Free Or Die"

Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc.
Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club
Vehicles:
1967 M151A1 Jeep
1964 M416 1/4 Ton Trailer