Deuce PTO question

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 08:54:12 PST

We now have a WND-7-28 power take off (this mounts on the side of the 3053A
tranny). The WND is the dual-output PTO that can drive the winch in the
front of the truck; and separately from the winch, the rear-accessory drive
can be engaged or disengaged to run something off of the rear-output shaft
on a separate accessory drive on this transmission-mounted PTO.

Please note, this is NOT the transfer case PTO. We already have 2 of the
transfer case mounted PTO's, with the shift linkage, mounted on two trucks,
but this will not accomplish what is needed, so we are not using the
rear-output transfer case PTO setup.

Unfortunately, I don't know if the army every used the transmission mounted
rear-output for any military applications. If they did, what linkage was
used to engage and disengage the rear accessory drive on the transmission
PTO? I would think that the original military deuce dump trucks would have
used this type of drive mechanism, but I don't know.

The WND-7-28 transmission-mounted rear accessory pto drive will be used to
run a water pump and we need OEM shift linkage, if such can be found at a
reasonable price (preferably take off parts). Of course, we could always
fabricate a linkage from scratch, or use an air cylinder to engage the
accessory drive, but an OEM setup would be preferred.

Anybody know what we need to be looking for in the junk piles out there?
Better yet, does anyone know where the OEM linkage for the rear-output
TRANSMISSION PTO can be found for sale? Could/should we modify the
transfer-case PTO linkage to work the rear-output transmission PTO accessory
drive?

Thanks,

- John Brian Seeling
  Twin Bridges Company, Inc.
  605 Twin Bridges Road
  Alexandria, LA 71303
  (318) 308-5978

The information in this electronic message, or any information attached
hereto, may be privileged and confidential and is intended for the use of
the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are on notice that any unauthorized disclosure, copying,
distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of these
electronically transmitted materials is prohibited.