MV's

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 09:31:51 PST

Just went the proper route here in Colorado for registering a "retired" MV.
My M998 HMMWV was originally diesel.
I converted it to GAS using a Military 454 gasoline engine from a Air Force
Convoy Escort vehicle..which was armored.!!
Here is what I was told..and had no problems at all.
Since the original vehicle - both of them - were US Issue tactical
vehicles, the change over to gasoline was no problem at all...since both
vehicles were originally Issue.
Both were exempt from the "add on's" for air pollution control that similar
"civilian" vehicles would need to have installed. Only what came with the
engine was required.
No air pump needed. Made it very simple to do..and have the title changed to
gas from diesel.
Now..the vehicle will have to meet the 1985 heavy duty truck limits since
the engine is a '85.
All set now... Gene